Monday, April 23, 2012

Dal puri

This is one of my husband's favourite breakfast receipes. I tasted it first time after marriage. And when I prepared it for my mother and sister they loved it. The receipe itself is not that complicated. And you can always prepare the stuffing before hand. 
Ingredients for stuffing

1 cup chana daal
1 tsp turmeric powder
4 tbsp Dhane
4 tbsp Saunf
2-3 green chillies finely chopped 
1/2 tsp hing
1/2 tsp grated ginger
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste

  • Start with boiling daal till it is very tender. When I boil daal, I use double water. I add turmeric and salt to daal when its boiling.
  • Once daal is cooked properly, remove excess water if any.
  • Grind daal with green chillies, ginger into smooth paste.
  • In kadhai dry roast dhane and saunf. Grind into smooth powder.
  • Next add oil in the kadhai. When oil heats up, add the daal mixture and fry for 5 min.
  • Next add dhane-saunf powder and mix with daal mixture.
  • Dry the mixture properly so that it is ready for stuffing.
When the stuffing is cooled, you can start with puri preparation.
These puris can be served with simple tomato ketchup. Some times my MIL prepares potato rassa/gravey as side dish. Will blog receipe for this sometime later. Till that time enjoy puris with tomato ketchup.

P.s. If you don't like deep fried puris, you can make parathas with this daal stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.