Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Something fruity something nutty

Banana bread with nuts is really simple to make and yummy to eat. I wanted to bake one for long time but was not able to keep bananas at home till they are overripe. But finally it happened unexpectedly. So decided to make an eggless version so that my mother can also enjoy this. By the time I finally wrote this blog I have tried two different recipes. You can follow the recipes from
http://www.archanaskitchen.com/desserts/cakes/181-eggless-banana-bread
In this recipe I've done 2 changes. I did not use any butter or oil. Also I adjusted quantity of sugar as the bananas were very sweet.

Second recipe is from http://medhaa.blogspot.com/2008/05/eggless-banana-bread.html Again I reduced quantity of sugar and replaced butter with oil. Both times the results were good tastewise. But in first case the cake was bit dense. Still I liked it as it was low on calories. You can also try it sometime.

One note I would like to add for this receipe. To simplify the preparation, I mixed all ingredients using mixie pot. So start with bananas, mash them well. then add sugar, then oil/ghee, next milk and in the end dry ingredients. The result is smooth and airy batter. The result was delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.