Saturday, April 21, 2012

Back to Basics: Peanut butter

During my onsite stint in USA I tasted PBJ sandwiches for the first time and loved them. I am in love with peanuts in any form since childhood. My maternal grandfather used to harvest peanuts, so during our summer vacations we used to have heaps of peanuts to eat while we played. So when I tasted peanut butter it was love at first bite. After coming back to India, I saw peanut butter jars from same US brands I was happy till I saw the price tag. Thats when I decided to prepare peanut butter at home. With help of youtube I successfully prepared the butter.  All you need to do is nicely roast the peanuts. Remove the skin and then grind in mixie till you get a very smooth powder. If you like butter slightly sweet, add couple of tsp of powdered sugar or honey.Add salt to taste. To get a smooth paste of peanut butter, add oil (preferably peanut oil or any other vegetable oil) and grind till you get smooth peanut butter. If you like it chunky add some roughly grounded peanuts. You make make any variations of peanut butter like red chilli flavour, chocolate flavour etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.