Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kadhi without curd

When I heard this for first time, I did not believe it. But when I saw the demo and prepared it myself, it was refreshing and tasty. I saw the recipe about 2 weeks back on Saam marathi channel on a program called Sugaran. It was some summer special program I think. And nothing defines summer better than mangoes; be it raw or ripe. So don't just bookmark this recipe but try it immediately.
  • Pressure cook 2 tangy raw mangoes. You can keep the skin while cooking the mangoes.
  • Once cooled, remove the skin, and take out all the pulp.
  • Grind in mixie once. Then add 2-3 tbsp of besan, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, salt and jaggery as per taste. Mix it well.
  • Now in a pan/kadhai, heat 1tbsp oil..For tempering add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 10-12 karipattas, 2-3 green chillies (vertically slated).
  • Add the mango pulp to the tadka. Add required amount of water and simmer the kadhi for 5 min.
  • Serve it hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.