Friday, September 3, 2010

Simply Fry: Pumpkin flower Bhajji


On my first visit to Rourkela, first time in my life I saw pumpkin flower. It is very delicate flower and can't be transportaed over long distances. I think that's the reason I had not seen this flower in Mumbai. Its used for bhajji,subzi etc.

Ingredients:

- 10-15 pumpkin flowers (kakharu phool) cut off stem and remove pollen from flower
- 1/2cup besan+ 1/2cup rice flour (or 1 cup besan)
- 1tbls ajwain or cummin seeds
- 1tbls kasoori methi
- 1tbls chilli powder
- 1tbls turmeric powder
- 1/2tbls eno
- salt to taste
- 1tbs oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- oil to fy

1. Mix all dry ingredients well. Add little water at a time to make thick consistency batter.
2. Fry oil in kadhai for fry. Once its hot add pumpkin flower in batter and fry one by one. This bhajji is prepared and fryed similar to potato bhajji.
3. Serve hot and eat with tomato ketchup or any chutney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.